NMI is a leading software provider in the payment processing industry that powers many e-commerce and global enterprises. We create complex, distributed systems where innovation, scalability and performance are of the utmost importance. Millions of transactions around the world traverse the networks and applications that we design, build and maintain.
The VP of Engineering oversees the activities of the development team and is challenged with creating an environment that maximizes developer engagement, enjoyment and customer value. They not only see the big picture but are able to translate that vision into reality by motivating, coaching, and providing the proper framework that results into a highly productive team. The ideal candidate will bring exceptional leadership skills, broad software experience, and enthusiasm to a collaborative environment.
What will this person do on a typical day?
- Cultivate a culture that is collaborative, engaging and drives internal motivation.
- Develop new processes as it pertains to writing good code and following technical best practices.
- Develops and implements training initiatives for the development team.
- Manage an efficient SDLC utilizing Agile, Lean, and other relevant practices.
- Collaborate with HR to recruit, hire and on-board the best developers.
- Manage productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to developers, with emphasis on team leads.
- Ensure team alignment with product vision and customer values.
- Collaborate proactively with the Operations team to further cultivate a DevOps mindset.
What is needed for this person to be successful in this role?
- Has held leadership roles in high-performing software companies.
- Built and delivered products that have scaled in the marketplace.
- Highly collaborative and identifies themselves as a “people-person.”
- Sharply focused on productivity and delivering customer value.
- History of owning responsibility and driving change.
- Broad set of experiences with a variety of roles throughout the SDLC.
- Demonstrates effective performance management philosophy.
- Familiarity with basic concepts of human behavior and how to influence people.
- Broad knowledge of and passion for technology and its utility.
- Organized and be able to run an efficient and productive meeting.
- Work Ethic: You love getting things done.
- Pride in their work: You don’t settle for “good enough” because you have an innate drive to be the best.
- Initiative: You don’t wait around for people to tell you what to do. You are aware of what needs to happen and take steps to get the ball rolling.
- Infectious: You influence those around you to be better than they could ever push themselves to be.
- Communicates well: You speak clearly to your audience and seek to understand those around you.
- Team-player: You aren’t satisfied unless the team/company is succeeding.
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with premium subsidization
- Paid Time Off
- 14 Paid Holidays (including your birthday)
- Life, ADD and LTD insurance
- 401k Matching
- Casual Dress
- Flex-time scheduling
- Fun Culture Events (Mini-golf in the office, Game nights, Book Club)
- Daily Lunch Catering
- Bi-weekly Massages
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.